Vision Board Ideas and Inspiration

I have always wanted to create a photo collage wall that's inspiring and now when I am motivated enough to create one, I can't go out and get all the color prints and materials - because of the pandemic. So I tried using newspaper clippings which wasn't that great and after that I somehow ended up drawing all of the things to be pinned. I am not even sure if this can be considered a standard vision board which generally highlights concrete goals to be achieved for the next 12 months covering all the major areas of our lives - health, family, career, finance etc. My board has a lot of movie/TV series/book references, quotes, reminders for myself(based on my shortcomings) and some tiny random things which I love like - coffee, cute ghosts, rainbows, nice dresses, books, vacations, stars, clouds, etc. They all represent something important to me and the scenes drawn have some inspiring take away.

If someone else could have drawn it all, it may have looked a lot better,  I have this condition of "not being talented", so it is what it is - but I still love it and drawing it all instead of getting them printed made them all the more mine. Everything has been copied very originally from the internet. Here come my poor drawings, brace yourself! Apologies in advance for ruining your favorite characters.

Complete Board:

Vision Board
Vision Board

 

1. Always listen to Buck : No matter what happens, this rule can't be broken in Ice Age. This has somehow internalized to me as if there's a Buck voice inside me, which is quite rational and I should always listen to him.(It's weird, I know). On similar lines, I have another important reminder - "Walk slowly, but never backwards" - this has been my guiding principle for sometime now.

Always Listen To Buck
Always Listen To Buck

 2. Up movie house: It represents adventure and also, family! In the below pic, some other things can also be seen along with a quote - "Do it for yourself".

Up house
Up house

3. Quotes/Reminders/Favorite words:

Vision Board Quotes
Vision Board Quotes

Don't be delicate
Don't be delicate

4. The secret life of Walter Mitty: This is my favorite movie and I love the LIFE motto.

Walter Mitty
Walter Mitty


5. Black Swan movie quote - slightly modified: Surprise yourself, so you can surprise the world.

Black Swan
Black Swan

6. Bojack Horseman: Who else is better to tell you to get your shit together than Princess Carolyn?

Princess Carolyn
Princess Carolyn

7. Madagascar : Just smile and wave, it will all be right and you can fake it till it is right.

Madagascar Peguins
Madagascar Peguins

8. Suits : Lately, I have been watching Suits and Harvey Specter definitely sets some high standards - "Life is this, I like this". And, oh, the popsicle ghost just got placed beside!


9. Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy: Two words to save any day - "Don't Panic!", nothing else can be as assuring as this.

Don't panic
Don't panic

10. Breathe : Remember to breathe, don't overwhelm yourself.

Breathe
Breathe

11. Alice In Wonderland: Imagine! It's okay to be mad! Also, seen in the mad hatter pic - Paradise song lyrics.


Alice In Wonderland
Alice In Wonderland


Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

12. Good Omens: Crowley driving his Bentley on fire and saving the day is the most badass scene ever!

Crowley - Good Omens
Crowley - Good Omens

13. Girly and more: Strong, beautiful, hobbies etc:

Woman
Woman

14. News paper clippings : Limited options, so I had to just pick anything which I like and which may not look that great.

Newspaper clippings
Newspaper clippings

Tips:

  • Take your time to assemble each piece, you can use pinterest to curate the ideas first and then draw/print.
  • It's okay if it's not perfect, the purpose is to remind you of what's important.  
  • Use paper/chart to stick/pin your clippings - this will help you to easily move them. I have used a map board(which wasn't used much) underneath the papers to make it sturdy. 
  • Make sure you cover all the things which you need to remind yourself - goals, habits etc.

~

 

Comments

Popular Posts from last 7 days

Random posts from the past!